Sunday, July 10, 2011

Total Abandonment!

James 1:2-6
 Count it all joy my brothers (sisters), when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.  And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.  If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith with no doubting for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 

I have absolutely no reason to not trust every part of my life to God.  None.  Every part of my life is totally in his hands - the hands of the one who created me
~ the one "whose eyes saw my unformed substance",  the one who in his "book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them" ~ the one who loves me like no other, and the one who has promised me eternal life ~ the gift of God.  Yet, there are areas in life where my faith wavers ~ I become unsteady; I begin to fail or give way. I abandon (don't trust him with certain things or situations) God rather than being totally abandoned (giving up the control) to God. 
I abandon God each time I take control of my life.  When I am fearful.  When I worry.  When I am anxious.  When I try to fix things or fix people.  When I am totally abandoned to God I can rest in spite of the trials and the hard stuff that comes my way.  From the small, unimportant things such as missing a flight from Alabama to Arizona, to the bigger, more important things such as hearing that your mom has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is in stage 4, I must and I want to be totally abandoned to God knowing that I can trust him in all things ~ he is and always will be, no matter how difficult the situation and no matter the outcome ~ faithful. 

Hebrews 10:23 ~ Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.

May I be found faithful to him in every area of my life.
My beautiful mom with my beautiful daughter, Jessica.
My heart is hurting and sad but I rest knowing that God is in control and that every part (including the cancer) of my mom's life is in his hands.
I love you, mom, and am so thankful God chose to give me such a wonderful gift ~ you as my mom.
I love you too, Jessica.

 

1 comment: