Saturday, July 30, 2011

.Thoughts on Sadness and God's Perfect Ways

The flowers live by the tears that fall
   From the sad face of the skies;
And life would have no joys at all,
   Were there no watery eyes.
Love thou thy sorrow: grief shall bring
   Its own excuse in after years;
The rainbow! - see how fair a thing
   God hath built up from tears.
~ Henry S. Sutton ~

The Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm.
Nahum 1:3

Lord,
I know your ways are not our ways and even though it is hard sometimes - and especially right now, for me - I give thanks for your ways because they are good - they are part of your perfect eternal plan.  I give thanks and I trust in your promises.  Tonight, I cling to the promise from Isaiah 40 ~ your promise to comfort your people and your promise to gather your lambs and hold them close to your heart.

 I love you, mom and am so thankful that God, in his perfect way and plan, chose you for my mom!

1 comment: