Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thirty-three years ago today, April 14, 1978, I was given a precious gift.
~ Leah Joy ~
Scripture tells us that "Children are a gift from above."
God gives us such wonderful gifts  ~
children and grandchildren included!. 
His greatest gift to us is him! 
Oswald Chambers says, "Eternal life is not a gift from God; eternal
life is the gift of God." Tonight, I ponder his idea that eternal life has
nothing to do with time (how often do we think of eternal life in just that way?).
"Eternal life is Jesus coming to give us an endless supply of life ~
a life that is filled with all the fullness of God (Ephesians 3:19)." 
(My Utmost for His Highest)
A life filled with all the fulness of God!  
Having this endless supply of life is eternal life!
Father, Thank you for the gift of eternal life - the gift of you.
Thank you for a life filled with all the fulness of you.
Thank you for all your wonderful gifts!
Thank you for the gift of children -
and tonight, especially for Leah!

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
my soul shall exult in my God,
for he has clothed me with the garments
of salvation.
Isaiah 61:10


1 comment:

  1. I really like that thought..."the gift OF God." Love it. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEAH!

    ReplyDelete